Sunday, February 7, 2010

So, I am a horrible blogger. But I guess now as my reader you have low expectations. I really am going to try to do better. I mean it has been since November and a lot has happened.

Christmas was wonderful. Eric and I had a great time visiting with our families. Plus, we got to see Dustin and Sarah who don't get to come up that much from Jacksonville. We love them both dearly and treasure each moment we get to spend with them. I have included a couple of Christmas pictures - my tree and table. I am slowly learning how to decorate or at least "fix" my house to the point so that people who visit know what holiday it is. Only I would still be blogging about my Christmas decorations.






Eric's wonderful mother Melissa put together the best present for my amazing father-in-law Mike. Mike and Eric use to spend every waking moment coaching a traveling baseball team - Silver Eagles. One team we ( I say we because I was every game and lost my husband every weekend for practices) coached from the time they were 12 until they were entering their junior year in high school. They won two state championships and participated in two world series. But, more than that we developed a special relationship with those boys, especially Mike and Eric. Well, for Christmas Melissa got as many as them together for dinner during the winter break. It was great to see them all together laughing and having a good time. I couldn't get over just how big they have gotten.


From left to right:

Walker (Freshman at Carson Newman, he plays baseball there and has a 4.0), Eric and I, Will (I can't remember where he is going to school but he is a genius and has three majors), Clark (Freshman at Carson Newman, he plays baseball), Adam (Freshman at Walter State, he plays baseball there), and TC (He is a sophomore at Tusculum, he is a scholarship baseball player)

Since my last post, I have also turned into quite the little homemaker. I had a cosmetic party and baby shower at my house. The baby shower was co-hosted with the lovely Julie Holt. The woman of the hour was Amy Seymore. And yes, she has had the baby. Addison Faith is a beautiful little girl.

Left to right: Julie, Amy, Me


Addison Faith
There has been one thing that has really changed in my life. By God's amazing grace, I have been involved in two amazing Bible studies for the past few months. One was the Purpose Driven Life and the other is Where is God When Bad Things Happen - a study of the book of Habakkuk. Through these two studies, I have truly been blessed by God's word and discovering his amazing sovereignty.
I am a person who likes to control all aspects of my life and it is amazing to truly accept that my plans may not be the plans that God wants for me. One would think that I would be angry that God isn't allowing my plans to work out but on the contrary, I have discovered that his plan is the best and only plan for me. I may not understand it but I know that his thoughts are not my thoughts. And by accepting this fact, I have found a peace and the only person I am trying to please is God and live as his son did. My prayer for you dear friends is that you have this same amazing peace that I have always known but through recent circumstances Christ has truly taught me to accept.

4 comments:

  1. What a beautiful return to blogging. So glad you're back. Will be looking for more :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. So, you're actually supposed to decorate your table according to the holiday?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Read the last paragraph of your blog from FEB. 7. Oh the difference a few weeks makes. It still applies to other areas, but God has given you the desires of your heart. I love you, Denise!! Now update your dang blog.

    ReplyDelete