Tuesday, August 10, 2010

Miracle, Jellyfish, and Sixth Month

Life in the Watts house is beyond wonderful.  I really wanted to write my blog by weeks but I can't wait to let you hear about our great news, answered prayers, and miracle.  On August 2, 2010, I had an ultrasound to check on Adeline's progress.  Eric was unable to come due to a meeting so my mom came with me.  I was too scared to go by myself because of what happened the last time.

The ultrasound showed me just how much cuter and more beautiful my daughter is becoming.  My mom was blown away because she had never even seen an ultrasound before.  Then the ultrasound tech gave me the best news I've ever heard in my 28 years. 

"The cysts in her brain are gone."

Did she just say what I think she said?  As I type about what happened, I get excited all over again.  God has answered the prayers of Eric and I, my family, and countless friends.  During Adeline's short life, she has already become proof of miracles.

So, God, I want to thank you for listening to my pleas.  The pleas of a sinner that only has hope because of the grace your son brought me.  Please let me never forget to let Adeline be reminded of your love and forgiveness everyday I am part of her life.

So what else is going on in the wonderful world of pregnancy?

21 Weeks - The "morning" sickness continued.

22 Weeks - A Trip to the Beach

I was very fortunate to chaperon four amazing girls on their senior trip to Hilton Head Island.  I can't say enough about these amazing girls.  What I love the most about them is their hearts' desire for the Lord.  They are all great examples for their fellow peers.  I know they are going to do great things with their lives.

Kayla is sweet and kind and always wanting to help others. Courtney never fails to make me smile and never failed to tell me exactly what she thinks which I admire.  Devin's sweet smile and spirit are contagious to anyone who is around her.  Andrea is one of the funniest people I know.  I love her positive attitude and energy.  They are also all very cute-probably why they got phone numbers whenever we went out.  As the week went on, the more I thought that I would love it if Adeline turned out like these wonderful girls.  I love them to pieces.

Kayla, Courtney, Me, Devin, and Andrea

The week was full of good food, sun tanning, and swimming.  Unfortunately, the week also included me getting stung by a jellyfish.  I was swimming in and then all of a sudden there was a stinging sensation all over my chest.  I'm not going to lie...it hurt.  I about came out of my bathing suit top.  Thanks to Devin and Courtney they got me turned around so I wouldn't flash the entire beach.  No lie, I didn't cry.  The lifeguard gave me a mixture of vinegar and salt water to spray on my chest. I recommend this mixture for any future jellyfish sting you may have. 

23 Weeks - Ultrasound and Miracle

When I returned from the beach, I went to the doctor for the above mentioned ultrasound.  We got some great profile pics of Adeline.




I forgot to mention that the disappearance of the cysts wasn't the only miracle.  The "morning" sickness disappeared (I think/I hope).  As of 23 weeks, I have gained 3 pounds and LOSING my mind slowly.

For example...Every time I go to the doctor I have to leave a urine sample (pee in a cup).  On this particular day, I had been holding it just so I would be able to go to the bathroom at the doctor.  Once I got in the bathroom, I realized something was wrong.  The cup was in my hand while my sample just went straight into the porcelain bowl.  When I realized my sample was quickly getting away from me, I tried to recover but instead dropped the cup in the toilet.  You would think that I had never had to leave a sample before.  It was a very comical moment.

Week 24 - The Summer is Over

As I begin week 24, I also begin the 2010-2011 school year.  I'm nervous that the losing my mind part of pregnancy might cause confusion for some of my students.  I really hope they can bear with me for the next few months.

Now that I'm in my sixth month my favorite thing about pregnancy is feeling Adeline move.  I think she might just be a gymnast because it feels like she is doing somersaults in my stomach.  She also likes to kick or punch.  I'm not sure exactly what it is but I love to put the remote on my stomach and watch her move it.  It really is amazing.

1 comment:

  1. Praise the LORD for His miracles and faithfulness. I really enjoy reading your blog and can't wait to meet precious little Adeline. Thanks again for going with the girls :)

    Love,
    Kellee

    ReplyDelete