Friday, July 10, 2009

First Blog


After the persuasion of two young ladies, I have decided to start a blog. So, if this blog is too boring or horrible you will need to contact Logan Thress and Kacey Wright. I ask for forgiveness in advance if this is horrible.

My first blogs will be about my family. God has blessed me by putting amazing people in my life, mostly my family

Meeting My Husband

In 1996 I was a freshmen at Jefferson County High School in Dandridge, TN. I had just gone through a major "growing" phase for the better. I went to middle school in Indiana so no one at the high school knew the "before" me. Just to give you an idea of how dorky I was picture a young 12 year old with glasses, buck teeth, a big bow in her hair, and wearing a turtle neck and a matching vest with teddy bears on it. Yeah, it was that bad. Throw in a head gear and guys barking at me and you have my life in middle school.

So, starting high school was a new opportunity for me. An opportunity to meet boys that had never met me before. I could actually, maybe, possibly get a boyfriend. What I didn't expect was to find a husband. But, If I've learned anything, life isn't on my schedule but God's.

It was 2nd semester of my freshmen year, and I walked into World Geography for the first day. On the far side of the room was a tall boy wearing a North Carolina Tarheels sweatshirt, and I thought that boy is really cute. I chose the seat closest to him, and hoped he would talk to me.

As the semester went on, we became very good friends but not dating material. I would later find out that he once told his mother I was to peppy to be an actual girlfriend

When I started my sophomore year, I discovered we had French together. At this point, we were becoming best friends. I also gained a boyfriend (not Eric). I thought he was perfect until a couple months later I discovered the only reason he was dating me was to win a bet with another guy. They wanted to see which one could get me to sleep with them first. REALLY?!? I thought this stuff only happened in movies. They both lost the bet, and I turned to Eric.

By the middle of my sophomore year, Eric and I were an official couple. It was obvious that God designed us for one another.

When I was a little girl, I would often wonder how God created couples, and I finally came up with the following scenario. When God creates a child, each child has a personal blue print. God then creates an additional blue print for the child's husband/wife. At some point in life, these blue prints cross paths. You just have to be paying attention. Because God knows each person more than anyone else this match is the most special thing in the world.

Eric is my matching blue print. We have been together for 12 years and married for almost five. He has seen the worst of me and the best of me and loves me for it all. I honestly cannot picture my life without him. Because of him, I am a better person.

4 comments:

  1. What a sweet story! This first post is going to be a hard one to follow! Looking forward to following your blog.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You're a natural! I guess you figured (and rightly so) that if I could do it, anyone could. Keep us "posted." Ha.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great job, Denise. You and Eric are perfect for each other! I seem to remember a couple of sophomores who fit the description in your blog. Has that been 12 years?

    ReplyDelete
  4. WOW. that was VERY SWEET! i wanna be able to tell a story like that one day! yay for blue prints. and yay for eric, even though i still haven't forgiven him for flipping my bed ;). hehe. JUST KIDDING.

    ReplyDelete