Monday, June 28, 2010

Let the Second Trimester Begin

I will be the first to admit that I have been lazy.  Not just sitting on the couch not doing anything.  I'm taking long (very long) naps and letting my house suffer beyond belief.  This is the way I look at it, starting in November I won't get to sleep at all.  That is my excuse, and I'm sticking to it.  So how has pregnancy been the past few weeks....

15 Weeks - Eric and I went to Jacksonville, Florida with my mom and aunt to visit my brother and his beautiful wife.  I got to spend a couple of relaxing days on the beach and take a visit to Sea World.  I really liked Sea World.  Eric hated it.

At the Lego Store in Downtown Disney after a very long, humid, rainy day at Sea World.
Feeding the dolphins at Sea World.

16 Weeks - Just a couple of days from returning Florida Eric and I made our way back to the doctor's office to find out the sex of baby Watts.  The night before the appointment Eric picked out lots of boy stuff - clothes and nursery decor.  I tried to tell him a number of times before that I thought baby Watts was a she.  He didn't want anything with that. 

Well, after a check then a double check the doctor proclaimed, "It's a girl!"  Eric literally said nothing.  But, after a couple of days and a talk with his dad Eric came around.  He even bought her all these wonderful clothes.

She will have to wear a lot of bows.

I had always had the name Adeline in mind for a girl.  It is one of my great grandmother's four names.  When I heard my mamaw say the name years ago, I fell in love with it.  We are still working on a middle name.

17 Weeks - If you were wondering, I still get sick.  It isn't 24/7 but there are some bad days.  I'll just have to deal with it I guess.  One of the highlights of week 17 was a birthday party for Rye.  Rye is my dear friend Amy's now two year old son.  He is the cutest thing in the world.  I think she hopes Adeline will be his future girlfriend.


Isn't he the cutest.

Before I left, I realized I hadn't got a pic with Rye for the blog.  For the record, he really does like me but I did tear him away from his cake for the picture.  Mistake.

Let's try again.  Maybe not.

18 Weeks - I have started my 5th month.  I can't believe it.  Adeline also decided to finally make her appearance.  I am showing.  The first belly picture will be on the next post.  I know you can't wait.  Like I said earlier I still get sick and throw up from time to time.  I have found that "most" of the time I can drink milk and sometimes find myself craving it. 

Eric and I went to The Hill, a bar in the Fort.  I know what you are thinking...Why?  Well, one of Eric's friends was preforming there for his first time.  It was fun but a very long night.  Let's just say he didn't start until 10pm.  The picture below was taking around 12:30 so forgive the hair and tired look.


Me, Eric, and Walden

2 comments:

  1. Ahahahaha, my husband has been immortalized in your blog! Will you photoshop my face next to him? I really did want to be there, but Eleanor vetoed that idea.
    (PS, I LOVE reading up on you and little Adeline - can't wait to see belly bump pictures!)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for the update and I can't wait to see the baby bump!

    ReplyDelete